Last update: October 2022
Who we are
Responsible for the processing of your personal data is OKAPI RRR vzw, located at Genkersteenweg 440, 3500 Hasselt. We can be found online via https://okapi-spelotheken.be.
What kind of data do we collect and on what basis do we process it?
First of all there is all the information you provide when submitting a form. For the membership and borrowing agreement this concerns:
- First and last name
- Date of birth
- E-mail address
- Phone number (not required)
- Birth year of relatives or housemates
- Whether or not they are entitled to an increased allowance
The above mentioned personal data is processed on a contractual basis.
For the other contact forms this concerns:
- E-mail address
When you contact us, your personal data will be processed on the basis of legitimate interest.
How long do we keep your personal data?
We do not store your personal data longer than necessary to achieve the purpose for which it was provided. Retention periods may differ per purpose.
Who we share your data with
What rights you have over your data
If you have joined our toy library, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal information we hold about you, including any information you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you or have inaccurate personal data corrected. This does not include data that we are required to keep for administrative, legal or security purposes.
If you want to exercise one or more of your rights, you can contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you believe that we have violated your privacy or if you do not agree with the way we process your personal data, you also have the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority:
Is your personal data transferred outside the EEA?
Your personal data will be transferred for certain purposes to countries outside the European Economic Area (being the European Union and additionally Iceland, Norway and Liechtenstein).
What are cookies
Cookies are small text files which are stored on your computer by your web browser. There are two types of cookies:
- First party cookies: these are installed and used by our own website. They don’t share information with other websites or advertising partners.
- Third party cookies: these are installed by a third party service. They are usually used to track users across multiple websites/domains.
Another way to classify cookies is by their purpose:
- Functional cookies: these are essential to make the website function correctly.
- Analytical cookies: to map the general use of the website.
- Embedded content cookies: to be able to show content of third parties.
- Advertising cookies: to provide personalized ads.
We use the following services that place cookies:
Google Analytics is a service that creates first party, analytical cookies. We use this service to analyze our traffic and how people use our website in order to further improve your experience. The information collected may contain personal data, such as information about your device, your browser and your use of the website and will be shared with third parties, including Google.
About the Google Analytics-cookies:
- we have concluded an agreement with Google about their Data Processing Terms.
- we enabled IP anonymization to mask your IP address by setting the last octet of IPv4 user IP addresses and the last 80 bits of IPv6 addresses to zeros.
- we have turned off ‘data sharing’.
- we do not use other Google services in combination with the Google Analytics cookie.
- we disabled the User-ID feature which would otherwise enable us to unify the sessions that a single user is making using different devices.
The data collected by Google Analytics cookies is stored for two years.
By clicking “Refuse” in the cookie notice banner you choose to opt-out entirely of Google Analytics. Cookies that were already installed, will be kept until you manually delete your browsing data, but no further data will be collected or shared with us or third parties.
Google reCAPTCHA is a service that creates third party, functional cookies. It works by tracking how you interact with our website and makes an estimate based on that of how likely it is you are a human or a bot. The cookie can be recognized by its name “_grecaptcha”.
We see them as a functional cookies because without it, we would have no way to effectively fight spam. This in turn would require more time from our volunteers when processing emails and likely increase the risk on phishing and other cyber attacks. Therefor we do not provide a way of disabling this service. In other words, when using our website, you agree that Google reCAPTCHA cookies are installed and it is not possible to withdraw your consent.
You can refuse the installation of cookies via your browser settings. You can also delete the already installed cookies from your computer or mobile device at any time:
Please note that if you disable cookies, certain graphic elements may look less attractive or you will not be able to use certain applications.
Embedded content from other websites
We do use a Content Delivery Network (CDN) to optimize images and serve them faster. The service used (Optimole) does not install cookies.